Reception, Banquet, Tours & Excursions
Symposium reception will take place at Symposium Venue on Sunday evening, May 21 at 19:00.
Symposium banquet is planned for PIERS participants and their guests. A limited number of banquet tickets will be available. The price is 70 USD or 4000 RUB per person. Please make reservation and pay by credit card in advance before May 5.
Symposium Banquet will be organized on May 24, 2017 at 19:30 at the restaurant "Amrots" . Transportation from the Symposium Venue will be provided.
Concert program (1 h):
- Pink waltz from the ballet "The Nutcracker" performed by the youth corps de ballet "Imperial School of Russian Ballet"
- Music by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, three fragments from the ballet "The Nutcracker" - "March", "Fairy Dance Drazhe", "Trepak", performed by ensemble of folk instruments "Style-quartet": bayan - Alexander Smertin, balalaika alto - Alexei Busin, balalaika of prima - Alexander Barabolin, balalaika of contrabass - Eugene Redkin
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky "Russian Dance" from the ballet "Swan Lake" performed by Mariinsky Theater artist Oksana Solovyova, musical accompaniment by ensemble of folk instruments "Style-quartet"
- Emil Saint-Saens "The Dying Swan" performed by Daria Pavlenko, prima Mariinsky Theater, honored Artist of Russia, laureate of the Ballet, Golden Mask, Baltika Prizes
Break 10 minutes
- Komarinskaya (Russian folk dance) performed by Mariinsky Theater artist Oksana Solovyova, musical accompaniment by ensemble of folk instruments "Style-Quartet"
- Duet from Aram Khachaturian's ballet "Spartacus" Frygia's farewell to Spartacus performed by Darya Pavlenko, prima Mariinsky Theater, honored Artist of Russia, laureate of the Ballet, Golden Mask, Baltika and the first soloist of the Mariinsky Theater Alexander Sergeyev laureate of the Golden Sofit Award
Tours & Excursions
Visits to museums and other atractions of St.Petersburg, city tours and post conference tours for PIERS participants are organized by Humanitarian-Culture Centre «Piligrim». Please visit PIERS in St.Petersburg Tours & excursions site. We advice PIERS participants to make reservations in advance as the end of May is the high season in St.Petersburg.